Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Craft corner

First of all I would like to apologise for neglecting my blog.  Work has been extremely hectic and I have been very busy making my first proper quilt.  Update to follow.  However, craft corner is finally here!  I had been thinking about doing this for months and months.  I had all the plans in my head and I would figure out measurements and how to do it as I was falling asleep.  Summer holidays, drum lessons for my daughter and general life expenses meant I kept putting it off.  But finally my daughter told me I had to sort it out.  So one afternoon I took a trip to B&Q with my sister.

In the end all the materials I needed came to a grand total of £50 and as I had been preparing this in my head for months and months it took no time whatsoever to actually put everything together.  A grand total of about 4-5 hours for all of the shelving.  First of all I put some batoning up 800mm from the floor as that was how long the legs were.
Then the living room needed to be painted.  It hadn't been done for quite some time and was looking a bit old.  Time for a nice fresh cream colour.
 Then I attached the shelves to the batoning and attached the legs too.  Thankfully my daughter was there to hold things when needed and in no time craft corner was here.
As I had somewhere to cut and sew I thought I should make some pretty things for the 'girlie' end of the room.  Bunting was called for! 

But now I am working very hard on a cot quilt for my second cousin who is having a baby soon.  As I said earlier, this is a first for me.  The patchwork has been machine sewn but I am actually quilting by hand.  It's a slow process, but I think I will be able to show you the finished article soon.  Until then, see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment